Thursday, February 28, 2008

If You're In A Violent Relationship

If you are in a physically abusive relationship, please know that you deserve better.

Did you know it takes a person an average of 8 times to finally leave an abusive relationship?

This makes me wonder, why? I know there are many factors involved, but bottom line is that physical and emotional abuse is not good for anyone. I once read that a child who sees their mother get abused is worse than if the child gets physically abused themselves. I don't know how true that is, but it makes sense.

I know it is so easy for people to say just leave; but that it is not easy to do.

Some of the first steps include stashing away some money, finding resources, making a plan, having support. It's a process, but there is help out there and again you deserve better. You have strengths inside of you.

No comments: