Friday, May 30, 2008

New Technique for Nightmares

I was just watching a news show last night, and I am sorry but I don't remember which one or what channel.

Anyway, it was talking about nightmares and a new technique for eliminating them. It talked about actually re-narrating your nightmare during the day, over and over again, with the ending that you want. You still keep the majority of the story, just change the ending at first. Retell the new story to yourself as much as possible during the day and then also right before you fall asleep.

Can't hurt to try it!

1 comment:

Bootsz said...

Hello, I had a psych professor who used this technique with me. It's a type of Gestalt therapy, where you become each object in your dream and speak as if you are that object. Also, you can replace negative images with positive ones.
It worked for me!