Saturday, November 3, 2007

Waking Up With Back Aches

Here's a post for the body. Do you wake up with back aches? Or even while your sleeping does your lower back hurt?

Something I have started to do that relieves ALL of the aches during sleep and in the morning is started stretching my neck and back. You don't even have to do it every day. Just about once a week. Here's what I do:

  • Sit on the ground (or even on your bed) with your legs straight out together.
  • Put your arms down to your sides and relax your shoulders.
  • Now relax your head, by dropping it down, your chin to your chest, but don't force it, just let it relax.
  • Feel the stretch all along the center of your back.
  • Move your head from side to side to feel the stretch in your shoulders.

This is a wonderful stretch to stretch out your entire back, center, lower, and shoulders. I think what happens is that our backs start to stiffen up and the muscles become rigid if we don't stretch them out and we get those aches during the night because our back muscles aren't flexible.

This is such a simple stretch that has really helped me. Especially since I don't do all the exercise I am supposed to :)

No comments: